I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

UP at SDCC Saturday, July 26, 2008


A snapshot of the Pixar theater screen during one of our internal screenings. That's our movie's hardworking logo.

A SNEAK PEEK! Less than a year from now the movie we've been working on now for over three years will be in theaters. I wish I can show you the sequences, the characters and the locations...Hey, wait a sec, I don't have to wait. The Con is upon us and we got a show!



This Saturday at the largest multigenre fan convention on the planet, Pete Docter, our fearless leader and director will walk you through what we've been up to.


Saturday, July 26, 2008 at 3:00 p.m. Room 30AB
Disney Pixar's "UP"


From the inventive storytellers that have taken you into the worlds of space, toys, and superheroes comes the extraordinary adventure that will take you to a lost world where anything can happen, and everything will. Meet director Peter Docter (Monsters, Inc.) as he presents the first-ever look at Disney Pixar's new animated 3D adventure comedy, UP.


It's been quite a trip. Literally. We had the grand daddy of all research trips. Easily the most adventurous, rigorous trip I've ever been involved in (and I've been in a few. They are a walk in the park by comparison). Danger at every turn: snakes, falling off cliffs, lethal bugs, spelunking under a crumbling cave ceiling...you know, fun.



Come on by and say hello. I'll be at the sidelines making silly faces and nodding a lot along with our dauntless producer, Jonas Rivera, who is no stranger to pitching a movie to thousands of people.

I'll be walking the convention floor Starting Friday. It's been a while since I've been and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends and checking out this year's crop of illustrated wonders. See you there!



Official UP Website
Wikipedia on UP




Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Francesco F. said...

May I ask you what places are those pictured in the photos?

2:44 AM

 
Blogger Amelia Lorenz said...

Can't wait to hear more!

9:49 AM

 
Blogger Chris Palmer said...

I'll be sad to miss it. But hopefully someone will do a write-up soon enough.

5:54 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Argh!I just made an impulse 3 trees purchase! Oh well. This is really the first I've heard of Up. The disney site doesn't seem to be...operating..yet.Hope the Con is going well.

4:59 AM

 
Blogger Drazen said...

I must admit you do look a little uneasy
in the jungle there.

9:36 AM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Elikrotupos -- Yes, you may ask. It's the jungles of Venezuela. This one was our climb up to the top of one of those Tepuis. Roraima, to be exact. That path is looks deceptibly manageable. And it is, except that the incline is near vertical.

Amelia--there's more on the net out there now. Have you found any?

Chris--There are write ups. Check them out and let know what you think. Some opinions can get very strident. Par for the course.

Eric--I hope the impulse buy didn't let you down. And I hope you've seen the teaser since.

Drazen--Uneazy is an understatement. That climb was over dense vegetation, loose rocks, hand over hand pulling yourself straight up. I must have grabbed many branches that just pulled right off , blasts you to a Wiley Cayote flashback of ending up as a spot of dust at the bottom.

That was not the harder climb. And it was just the first.

Thanks for posting. I'll post more as we go.

R.

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Just saw the teaser and my jaw is still hanging loose. That is so beautiful. And I hope I didn't sound as though I have buyers remorse! I can't wait for the book to arrive.

5:34 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I could have seen the panel! "Up" sounds like another Pixar hit.

8:50 PM

 
Blogger Fawn said...

i wish we knew you would be there. we were at the panel, cheering when we heard your name (it was more like "holy crap, he's here?!")

it was great we got to see the teaser of up. it was a good mix of letting people know what the movie is about but not giving away anything:D

6:14 PM

 
Blogger Paul Tuller said...

ooo - exciting! Thanks for sharing Ronnie!

11:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home