I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Goodbye, Ollie Johnston



Unending Inspiration. Ollie has passed away leaving us with none of the nine. He's an inspiration to many animators today and will be forever to thousands more to come. "The Illusion of Life" was a book I could not believe even existed when I backed into a career in animation. All the secrets of the trade and the finest examples of it for all time were there--to top it off, it was written by Frank and Ollie. An authoritative source you could not find better, ever.



Goodbye and thank you, Ollie Johnston.


Ollie Johnston
Disney Legend
Ollie Johnston on Cartoon Brew 1 2 3 4







Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chubrick said...

Unreal...an inspiration to us all.

10:32 PM

 
Blogger Larry Levine said...

Ollie Johnston's legacy will forever continue to capture people's imaginations, inspire future generations of animators & most importantly--make all of us smile.

9:22 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

it's so sad. I wish people like Ollie could just live for ever.

4:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home