I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Sketchtravel handoff!



Alley-oop! The handoff happened weeks ago really. We got to take the picture only last week when Dice Tsutsumi started at Pixar. He took the picture with Enrico's fish-eye lens. Enrico already finished his weeks ago. He got the book after Lou "Linguini" Romano. Here's their hand-off.

That sealed it. The deadlines keeping me from the book is done and this window of relative quiet won't hold for long. I had to do the drawing quick. Dice says he would love to have it by next week. Yikes! I have a thumbnail rough of an idea I want to do , but will it work? What if I mess it up as I attempt to make it for real?

Stay tuned.


Sketchtravel Blog
Sketchtravel
Enrico Casarosa
Lou Romano






Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris Palmer said...

Hey, I just read this in the paper this morning:

After years of deliberation in the Supreme Court, it has been decided by the powers that be that Ronnie Del Carmen doesn't "mess up" nor do his thumbnail roughs get lost in the final versions of his work.

So... I wouldn't worry about it.

;) Good luck on your page! You never cease to impress, Mr. Del Carmen.

12:58 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This is the coolest idea ever. I'm jealous!! :P

8:08 AM

 
Blogger Benjamin Hall said...

VERY COOL!

Will you post the finished sketch here or will we have to wait for it to appear on the sketchtravel site?

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Chris--the Supreme court sure is efficient these days. I must say that I agree with this ruling--not so much other ones lately. Worry is my middle name. Though I try to do that with a smile these days. Thank you for the vote of confidence. Makes my day.

Bobby--Thank you. I am thrilled myself. I hope I can keep track of where the book goes. Keep tuned.

Benjamin--I will post the sketch here. I hope it lives up to the roster of talents in the book.

I'll get the roughs and work-up on the next post.

Thanks, everybody.

R.

6:25 PM

 
Blogger A-T-G said...

Great pic Ronnie! I want a print of it!

This is SUCH a great idea! And I love the fact that it has to be hand delivered! It just makes it feel more connected.

Keep us posted on it's progress!

1:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronnie,

That's almost a George Tuska hand.

Glen

12:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home