I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Swallow 3



What a collection! You know that award show nugget about having won already? Well, check out the roster in Swallow 3 and I can honestly say I'm feeling thoroughly golden just being in the list. Eternal thanks to the massively talented Ashley Wood for the invite and honor.



BARRON STOREY

ILANA KOHN

TED MCKEEVER

RIAN HUGHES

JEREMY GEDDES

ROBH RUPPEL

DAVID CHOE

FRANK STOCKTON

JOCK

JAMES JEAN

ANDREW ROBINSON

GREG STAPLES

UWE HEIDSCHOETTER

RONNIE DEL CARMEN

SEAN PHILLIPS

LOUIE DEL CARMEN

GLYN DILLON

DUNCAN FEGREDO

I know of most of the artists in the book, great artists all. My leetol bro, Louie is there too, which signals the very first time two of the three brothers del Carmen are in a book together. We'll have to get the three of us at the con next year. Whadya say, Rick?



Special mention: Baron Storey is here as well. I took several classes with Baron a long time ago at Pixar U and it was quite an edifying experience. I mean, the man was a illustration hero of mine and I got to sit in his class and got some pointers from him. Very grand. I've also paged through some of those journals he mentions in the book--every page, painted back and front, is a living explosion of what goes on in side that roiling visual storm that is Baron Storey's mind.

Swallow 3
Swallow 3 at Amazon.com
IDW Publishing: Swallow
Ashley Wood




Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul Tuller said...

congratz!! Thats awesome news =)

wow, and Ashley wood too! Big fan

7:18 PM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Awesome, is right, Paul. Hey, 'you comin' to Sketchcrawl 14?

R.

5:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home