I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Back to Banff



Going North! I'm going to give a talk at the world renowned Banff Centre, a conference precisely described, "Perfecting the Mix of Story, Character & Interactivity."

The Banff New Media Institute’s Accelerator program and the Digital Media Association of Alberta present Perfecting the Mix of Story, Character, & Interactivity. This two-day workshop targets gaming studios that aim to create successful interactive experiences that rival a movie’s level of depth and engagement. With key speakers Ronnie del Carmen from Pixar Animation Studios, Kris Pearn from Sony Pictures Animation, and Josh Staub from Cyan Worlds, Inc./Jubilee Studios.


I've gone to the Banff Centre before and I had such a wonderful experience and met so many great folks that I had to take them up on the invite this year. I'm bringing the presentation my fellow story leads at Pixar and I presented at the Screenwriter's Expo last year. Maybe get a hike in there somewhere as well (look at them surroundings, you just gotta). I'll report back on how things go this year.

The Banff Centre
The Banff New Media Institute
Digital Media Association of Alberta




Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Banff is an awesome place to visit. If you get the chance, there's a diner that's 50's themed that has excellent food. (Just don't eat it all if you have to walk back up to the Banff Centre...I did that once and nearly died, I was so full of food)
If you do go on a hike, maybe you'll see the hotel they filmed Psycho in!

7:56 AM

 
Blogger justin said...

that's awesome, Ronnie. Next time you gotta give us all a bit more of a heads up. It would have been great to go over there. Hope you had fun. It's a beautiful time of year.

2:30 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The Shining is what I meant. My mistake..

10:03 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The pristine beauty of Banff is utterly breathtaking!! ... one of the best places to visit, If you love nature - it's the place to go.
Great blog, btw!!

1:33 PM

 
Blogger Dreamer said...

It was so amazing to meet you in Banff Ronnie, thank you for sharing your stories with me and for inspiring me so much! It was an honor to present in Banff with you!

I met your brother a week or so ago during the Calgary Comic Expo!!! :)

I hope all is well! Have a beautiful day!

- George P. Georgeadis

1:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home