I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Books are here!



Three Trees Make a Forest At last! I know we've hollered, "The books are here!" before, but this one is special. This is the culmination of something that started as open musing about holding a gallery of our drawings someday and having a hardcover book that goes along with it a few years ago--and it may just have stayed just a daydream. But we ain't dreaming now. I'm holding the book in my hands right now.




All three of us are so happy with the result and quality of the book. David Lopes and Gingko press did a great job. Okay, it's just advance copies and the actual shipment is still in transit. But...THEY'RE HERE!



The proud Poppas. Tadahiro is likely beaming just like like this halfway across the globe. We'll post his happy mug soon as we get it.

Ahhh! This is a great way to start the new year, I say! A guy can get hooked on this. What a rush!

_____


Gingko Press New Release




Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Don Shank said...

AGHHH! So cool! I can't wait to buy one!

10:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Ronnie on getting the book published! Can't wait for mine to get here. I saw the mock up of the book at the show last November and can't wait to see it all bound and finished. Incredible work my friend - CONGRATS!

10:50 PM

 
Blogger Tony C. said...

Congratulations Ronnie! The book looks fantastic!

8:58 AM

 
Blogger monkeyfeather said...

COOL! I ordered mine from amazon a while ago. WOnder when they'll get their copies!

SWEET!

1:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to have another show this november or december.

2:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronnie,

As Anonymous says, please have another show but up here in the Bay Area

cK

PS. I am a proud owner of some beautiful Ernesto N Plein Air paintings

6:00 PM

 
Blogger benton jew said...

Can't wait to see this! The dummy copy you showed me at the Nucleus show looked great! I'll be waiting by my mailbox til it gets here!

9:57 PM

 
Blogger j. scott said...

Fantastic! Congrats! Looks terrific...can't wait to own one of those puppies meself.

10:05 AM

 
Blogger C.Deboda said...

Very nice looking book! Cant wait to see it up close and personal.

12:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi uncle ronnie,
too bad, your books are not available here in the philippines, been looking in all comic book stores here.
belated happy birthday and a blessed new year.

~ dj don basa
( son of your cousin donato ) :)

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Sho said...

wooow..that is just wonderful. I gotta get me one ;) Congratulations 3 trees !

2:57 PM

 
Blogger A-T-G said...

Congrats Ronnie et al!

I can't WAIT to see it! Let Jeff know the MOMENT you have some to sell! 'Cause I gots ta gets me one of dem!

So happy for you guys, I could BURST!

2:02 AM

 
Blogger Dominic Bugatto said...

Congrats, can't wait to get my copy.

2:02 PM

 
Blogger Jeff Pidgeon said...

Congratulations! I'll have to stop by 'n' check it out!

8:30 PM

 
Blogger kaunchen said...

The book looks beautiful~~ I can't wait to have one right now~~

1:26 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I will have to pick up this book one of these days!!

5:07 PM

 
Blogger Lee-Roy said...

i want one! i want one!

1:00 PM

 
Blogger Ward Jenkins said...

Congratulations, Ronnie! And to the other trees as well. Looking forward to getting a copy. Say, maybe I can grab a review copy for Drawn!?....hmmm? Anyway, just a quick note to say your stuff looks great as always and looking forward to a great new year for you and yours.

Ward

2:21 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Ronnie, my name is Mauro and i am rookie italian comic artist. I always visit your blog, i like very much your works. ok now i say you hello, and sorry for my baaaad english.

12:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home