I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

3 Trees poster and shirt!


This will be a poster available at the show. Signed by all three blokes from last year. Neat, eh? Image above links to larger file.

Gallery date approaches. Still working on some offerings for that day at Nucleus. I will be driving down there on Friday evening ferrying artwork so we can hang it the morning after. Then on Saturday, November 4 at 7pm the gallery will open to all viewers till 11pm. Complimentary refreshments will be served throughout the show. Goody.

Oh, let's not forget that in attendance are the Three Flowers (as we've come to call them, following our wistful logic stemming from the 3 Trees exhibit)Wakako Katayama, Icco Sasai and Yoko Tanji. Tremendous illustrators and, as Ben Zhu (proprietor and dreammaker supreme of Nucleus) tells me, they are providing a prodigious amount of prints for all to marvel at. I'm getting my funds ready.

And if that wasn't enough, Tadahiro Uesugi himself will have a gaggle of all new prints and art for the show. Oh, lordy.


A t-shirt created just for the show as modeled by Enrico. Men's shirts are in the gray.

Me, on the other hand have a meager handful (I mean, really) for the day. My excuse is...I have none. Art block. My dog ate my gallery offerings. I'll be there though. I ain't missing this, framed personal work or not.


Women's shirts are available in the green. Found this lovely model and imposed on her to show off our design. Cute.

But wait!

Pre order a 3 trees book at the show and get a free poster signed by all 6 artists. (as shown above) Limited to 100 only! Can't be there? Check out the book at Amazon.com here.

Are you kidding me?! Then on Sunday, there will be a Q and A / Demo session with Tadahiro. Admission is $35


Kuro and Tadahiro hosted us for dinner at Chez Panisse, in Berkeley last year. As with any gathering of artists, drawing happens. Fun to see him doodle.

I've always wondered how he does his work, even after he did a demo for us that first visit we had with him. If he does divulge his secrets, I want to be there when you see this one step he does that made me do a double take, "What?! How do you get all that magnificent light and color starting from here?" Boggled the mind. I want to see a whole room get hit by this.

See you there. I got me some drawing to do.

Nucleus Gallery
Yoko Tanji
Wakako Katayama
Icco Sasai

Tadahiro Uesugi
Enrico Casarosa
Ronnie del Carmen




3 Comments:

Blogger uwe said...

hello ronnie,

what a pity! - this year I would have had really a chance to see your exibition.
It is the first time I will come to the USA - but I will just arrive 14. dec in LA. :-(
Last time I orderd two prints of Uesugi and Fragments.
It is all great work!
This time I would love to have the book with the signed poster.
If I order by amazon - I wont get a poster - right?
any chance to get one?

best!
uwe

1:43 AM

 
Blogger Lydia Sanchez said...

Ohhh! Poster are so nice! :_(
I like specially the first image! Great!! :-D

5:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ronnie, bring some men's size paper biscuit t-shirts preferrably black or red at the three Trees and Flower Gallery Show.

9:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home