I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Comic-con 2006 this weekend

My Friends have books! Not everybody hit a snag in their book production schedules. Many have navigated around all manner of obstacles and nuisances to get their annual offering to the largest spawning ground of art/storytelling showcase mecca in da world! Herewith are the people in me neighborhood.


Enrico Casarosa had almost not made this book this year. But amidst the flurry of making story reels he somehow got this book out, just in the nick. Shipping this week. It will be very fresh from the printers when you find him selling it. I can't wait to read it myself!


Ted Mathot capitalized on the momentum he had going with the smash hit from last year's first issue of Rose and Isabel and kept going onto making this hefty second and final issue. Fans of the first book will not be disappointed, it's action packed!


Scott Morse. Speaking of relentless. Scott has a work ethic to put any multi-taking workaholic to shame. Visit his blog and see what all manner of con offerings he has this year. He's taking it to another frenzied level. Bowling pins?! Oh, and there's the plethora of titles he's done over the years as well.


Derek Thompson took a year off last year in putting out this fave of the con. All new set. How can you resist? 365 monsters! One monster for every day of the year! Derek's high rpm personality promises to churn out more stuff from here on. You've been warned.


No idle hands at the Studio. What with the relentless production schedules of making features? Forgeddaboudit! The people involved in this tome can juggle that and still come up with original stories and art for this second year of the successful anthology. A full complement of the artists will be there to sign the books and answer the inevitable question: Where do you find the time?! The answer to that alone is worth slogging through the throng of comic book fans for.


Flight 3. One of the best selling anthologies, three years running. We've been very fortunate to be pals with the roster of impressive creators of this ongoing compendium of great art and story. Hope to get my hands on this early on my arrival on Friday. And you can have it signed by them Flight folks, too!


Louie del Carmen. Definitely let's not forget me leetol bro. Louie's been bitten by the self-publishing bug. Bad. He's put out two books already! He's showing up with this, his latest at the con. Me? I get to hang out and be proud older brother. Come by and say hello.


Out of Picture is an anthology by Blue Sky Studio artists. A handsome hardbound collection of stories from our friends of the other coast. A grand roster of names, not the least of which is the ever impressive Daniel Lopez Munoz, just joined us at the studio on this side of the country.


Jeff Pidgeon is coming to the con with a gaggle of t-shirt designs from his gallery at Pidgeon Stuff. This is one my faves, Japanese Arachnid Superhero.


There you have it, whew! Jamie Baker and I have nothing new for this year so we become heralds for those who do. Check out his shopping list here.

I'll be at the con starting Friday and I'll be signing my Paper Biscuit books at Stuart Ng's on Saturday afternoon (2:30-4:00 p.m.) with Enrico Casarosa and his new Sketchcrawlings book. Check out the list of fabulous artists signing at Stuart's all through the con. Man! I'm gonna geek out just meeting all these folks. See you there!





Links

Enrico Casarosa
Ten Mathot
Louie del Carmen
Jeff Pidgeon
Scott Morse
Jamie Baker
Derek Thompson
Jamie Baker
E-ville Press
Flight Comics
Out of Picture

Stuart Ng



11 Comments:

Blogger C.Deboda said...

As if I wasnt already excited enough about the Con, seeing these list of books....well, im ready for it (and so is my wallet). Should be a good time.

9:42 PM

 
Blogger Louie del Carmen said...

Hey Ron!

Thanks for the awesome plug! I am definitely one to know about "just making it" as far as getting a book ready for CC. I finally get my hands on them books tomorrow just in time for the drive to San Diego.

Nice to be mentioned amongst this incredible array of talent. I am humbled beyond words and can't wait to grab these titles!

Here's to one crazy Con!

10:36 PM

 
Blogger chia said...

You forgot to add one thing!
http://hard8comic.blogspot.com/

Featuring artowork by some of comic's and animation's upcoming new talent and featuring pin ups by Stephen Silver, Justin Ridge, Richard Pose, Joel Carroll, David Colman and more!

Booth 1032.

end/ shameless plug

4:57 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

COOOOL!!! Will have to drop by and check out!!

9:29 PM

 
Blogger Amelia Lorenz said...

Aooo so many artists I admire soooo much all in one place!! I WISH I COULD GOOO....wah wah wah
...sniff...

Have fun there; I'll be there in spirit I suppose...!

a

11:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronnie!
Michaelangelo was once punched in the face by another artist (Torrignano by name) who was annoyed that he drew so well. Looking at this list, all these folks would have broken noses!

I'm in Taipei this summer, else I'd be in San Diego shopping too. Have a Great Con!

1:07 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You lucky one..would have been a crack to go there and see you again...some other day it will be .....hope you have a good con....

Cheers

Teddy

4:58 AM

 
Blogger Karen Luk said...

Have fun at Stuart's! I won't be around to tease into spending more money!

9:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some awesome artwork! Keep it coming.

kj

5:45 AM

 
Blogger Andrew Glazebrook said...

I love the environment pic !! Lots of cool work on yer Blog too !

8:44 AM

 
Blogger Maly Siri said...

magnificent drawings! i love it, especially the one named "flight3", i'd love to have a walk in that forest!

2:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home