I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Palace of Fine Arts Sketchcrawl



I survived Sketchcrawl 9. That was the t-shirt idea we came up with as we huffed and puffed our way back from the Palace of Fine Arts. We all earned it, I tell ya. And what troupers we had. No one treks up and down San Francisco streets like loyal Sketchcrawlers. And doing this on Earthday made it all the more appropriate. My thanks to all who made it and the offer still stands that if you were with me on our crawl--you know who you are--and would like to have a copy of Frogg's Lament just send me email and I'll fix you up.




I really should have drawn more people but the features of the Palace was so enticing...well, I took on too large a scope to draw and paint. Took two sittings. By the time I got to sketching people it was almost 4 p.m. Next time I'll try to limit the appetite. I'll have to come back and take those corinthian capitals on again.





Sketchcrawl Forum
Sketchcrawl Blog
Enrico's blog


Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Amelia Lorenz said...

actually chatgarou...I think that's my friend Catie and it's me behind her :)

Awesome awesome paintings Ronnie. I think the last one is my very favorite. I had a blast on Saturday!

a

6:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff Ronnie! Don't we all love to paint masonry. Sketchcrawl was great, and I had a blast, but you did have to post photo #3 with me holding one among the dorkiest of possible expressions? Just kidding; I'd be more than happy to hold more among the dorkiest of possible expressions for photos the next time SC comes around.

9:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look like i'm about to lose my dentures :p

11:18 AM

 
Blogger Kaveh said...

Woo Hoo! Thanks for the workout! It was great to sketch and chill out on a beautiful SF day. Looking forward to next time. Suffice it to say, I need not tell you how great your drawings of the palace turned out.

1:19 PM

 
Blogger Paul Tuller said...

That sketchcrawl was a a blast!!
I really like the look of your last sketch! It almost looks like acrylics, did you just use less water with the watercolors?

I wish I had sketched Rosan, our pizza chef in the cozy blue moon pizza shop

6:36 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Lerew said...

Ah, The Palace...what a wonderful day it looks(and typically great results, too). Thanks for sharing the good times and smiling faces!

12:15 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful sketches!!

10:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice sketches.
they are very solid looking-
but still have a relaxed feel to them.

good stuff.
-brian

(I'm late to the game- having just found your blog- but really like your work)

1:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Ronnie are they all your colleagues from work and other animation studios?

Can you show all the sketches in your sketch crawls?

10:09 PM

 
Blogger Craig Mackay said...

Awesome watercolors. Seriously, wow.

2:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home