I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Monday, April 24, 2006

"Combined Weight"


Postcard design by Pixar artist Albert Lozano.

Heavy, man. I love the inspired title of the Canvas Gallery show to be held at Canvas Gallery. All of the guys in this show are heavyweights as artists in my eyes and I'm proud to be numbered among them. There is a parallel society running through the company whose members are bent on making good use of the micro slivers of time left to them after a full day's work. Doing what? Whatever the heck they want. Turns out they want to create their own work.

Daniel Arriaga, Enrico Casarosa, Janet Lucroy, Jennifer Chang, Liz Holmes, Lori Klocek, Mark Holmes, Nate Stanton, Noah Klocek, Paul Topolos, Rich Quade, Robert Kondo, Robin Cooper, Ronnie Del Carmen, Simon Dunsdon, Steve Pilcher, and Steve Purcell.
Opening reception is next Thursday April 27th, from 7pm – 12am.
The exhibition runs from April 27 through May 22nd






If you're in the area this Thursday then come by and check us out. The two pieces I've decided to include in the gallery are two shadow boxes of work published in the Paper Bicuit books as well as Fragments. I've decided to let go of these babies because I need to move on, although I'm very attached to them. See you there.

The Canvas Gallery




6 Comments:

Blogger C.Deboda said...

Yes, read about this a few days ago. Really wish i could be there. I'm sure it'll be a fantastic show.

Sketchcrawl looked like a lot fun too. :)

1:16 AM

 
Blogger Nick Sung said...

Wow! Very cool Ronnie--wish I could see the show. Your shadow boxes look great--that's a great idea.

Have a good time for the rest of us!

10:07 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Coool collection of artworks!

10:06 PM

 
Blogger Paul Tuller said...

Yaaaay Pixar gallery! I'll definetley come one of the days its up!! I'll try to get homework donw early :D

10:38 PM

 
Blogger Randy said...

Loving the main sketch of Nina in the shadow box, man.

I'm a big fan of your Prince of Egypt and Batman/Superman work as well.

Keep it up!

~Randy

10:37 AM

 
Blogger Ziyue Chen said...

nice style..:)

10:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home