I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Flipbook Pegs



Handmade and quick. Continuing in our proclivity to doodle online I present to you a way to do silly scribbly animation online. Like our Oekaki boards, Flipbook! (an interactive Flash/PHP application) allows you to animate as much or as little as you want and watch it in all it's glory right away and inflict them on friends. If that ain't democracy, I don't know what is.


Peg flying
Peg Lazer eye

You get what you put into it, like most things in life. Most of the posts barely get out of doing one frame. Check out the frame count of a post to see if something actually animates. And if your disdain is such that you need to show the world what for then get to schoolin' the rest by doing yer own leetol animation. Don't forget to let people know about it by email. No one's got that kind of patience to look for you in there.



10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronnie, the animator?! Cool! I remember you mentioning somewhere that you got started (well, at least in this country) doing character layouts. Is that right?

Man! Your animation rocks! I dig it!

RĂ©

1:57 AM

 
Blogger -U! a.k.a. Uriel A. Duran said...

Cool animations,Ronnie!
I discovered that website last year --can't remember exactly but I think I found it via the Drawn! blog.
Here's something I made then (could be better though,but I had some difficulties trying to draw with the mouse).
fabrica.it/flipbook/flipbook_player.php?id=1121355529-148244199215

7:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ronnie,

OK, you have a book (cool flipbook) for APE. I will buy.

cK

PS. Did you try that nice French take out place that opened in your Neighborhood. Awesome food. Try the crispy potato puffs. http://www.gregoirerestaurant.com/

9:39 AM

 
Blogger Amelia Lorenz said...

Yay! I like these a LOT! These go down in history as the first-ever Paper Biscuit movies...hope to see more... I've played around on the Flipbook but don't remember what it was exactly that I did... :)

a

10:15 PM

 
Blogger Doron Meir said...

Heh, nice little snippets. Good idea, I also did one a while ago, I'll post it in my blog.

Thanks for the blog, By the way, I silently enjoy it :)

9:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff man, like this and all your other work too. I did one of these after seeing yours: http://www.fabrica.it/flipbook/flipbook_player.php?id=1142714335-6422240234&r=index.php&keyword=&p=1&type=

12:57 PM

 
Blogger Gerald de Dios said...

Nice Ronnie! So much great movement in both animations :)

Here's one from awhile back...
http://www.fabrica.it/flipbook/flipbook_player.php?id=1131701731-24510234

12:25 PM

 
Blogger Karen Luk said...

That's so cool. I'll have to try it out!

5:12 PM

 
Blogger Gabe Fullilove said...

Hi Ronnie!

Lots of work was lost this week, thank you much.

This was a fun 23 minutes.

http://www.fabrica.it/flipbook/flipbook_player.php?id=1143165355-6690245218&r=index.php&keyword=&p=1&type=

- GD.

6:03 PM

 
Blogger Paul Tuller said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaw Peg is so cute! The laser eye one makes me crack up, looks so confused after it happens - I love flipbook!!

10:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home