I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Trip over already?!


I wish I had more time to draw on our afternoon for Sketchcrawl Japan. We met so many awesome people--now I'm thinking we should have two days of drawing for these international visits. Getting greedy, aren't I? Hikaru Takahashi's photo. He quietly just sketched and snapped photos and no wonder, he's awesome at both.

Man! That was quick. Back at home and about to start the first work day back. It was such fun to be in Japan for those few days and we tried to make sure we didn't waste any of it. Too much to recount here right now but will try to post a little here and there as the week goes by. First off a link to Hikaru Takahashi's photos of the 8th Worldwide Sketchcrawl held in Inokashira Park, Kichijouji. You may recognize a certain illustrator who came to visit us last year.

Takahashi's photos.


Hikaru Takahashi
Hikaru's OK-BBs




5 Comments:

Blogger monkeyfeather said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I look forward to future posts.

I haven't been to Japan since 1999 and your guy's latest trip has given me the bug to get back there.

8:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, it would be cool if you could show your Tokyo sketches.

8:55 PM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Monkeyfeather--1999? That's been too long. I'm sure much has changed since then. I've got that same bug, real bad. I'm thinking that I should visit at least twice a year now. I need to win the Lotto soon, huh?

Anonymous--Dude, you got it. The next post is about the drawings.

R.

9:28 PM

 
Blogger 丁稚くん said...

I am glad to have my photograph and site introduced. The day of the sketch crawl was one really pleasant day. Ronnie's sketchbook was very wonderful and fortunate only by seeing.

9:40 PM

 
Blogger 丁稚くん said...

I changed URL of a photograph.
http://web.mac.com/detchkun/iWeb/yoshimi/2.19SketchCrawl.html

2:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home