I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

When all else fails...doodle!


Photoshop CS2. Background is an etching by Johann Wilhelm Schirmer's Aus dem Park Chigi. That's the Red Queen on the upper left. Okay, I lied, not really. And just for the record, I did this on my break. Enrico and I had chocolate cake. Yum. I'm rambling, aren't I? 'Nuff said.

I got nuthin'. One of those days. I hope all of youse out there are having a better go at your day.

The cosmic energies encourage you to be creative and relaxed -- and really, who are you to naysay them? This is a great opportunity to play without feeling guilty, so take full advantage of it.


That was from my horoscope. I'm not in the habit of resorting to divining my fates via the cosmic crap shoot of stars and planets. I'm in a funk,'kay? But it did say I should take advantage of it. Thus, the doodle above.

Be well, all.

(Larger version of above image here)

___

I did some etchings (dry point and line etching) back in college and loved it. Here's a site of Printmaking Techniques.

And a link to the image I used for the background above. Here.




6 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Well Ronnie, what can I say? I dig the evident maturity in your work. It comes through clearly,even in the fast doodles. Good show.

6:34 PM

 
Blogger Emma said...

I like the guy with the big nose, he looks unlike anything I've seen from you. The girl on the bottom right is especially nice, too.

7:35 PM

 
Blogger John S. said...

A beautiful little piece, Ronnie!!! You are a real inspiration!

8:01 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

coool doodles!

10:13 PM

 
Blogger Archibob said...

ooh, wonderful skethches ronnie. this reminds me of carlos nine's work (i love his work... gesta dei is one of my favorites)

anyways... great job!

6:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ronnie your doodle is rad. You should submit some stuff to our doodle e-zine and obtain doodling fame the likes of which have never been seen. www.doodlebrainz.com

12:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home