I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

There you have it.


Toy case at the front kiosk. It's a meager offering of schwag to buy for a company with so many well loved characters in their roster. John calls the characters our "children." Now, the family will stay together.

Bullseye. All the rumours didn't turn out to be outlandish after all and were all right on the money. The wait was tense making -- productivity on my part was halved (I'm already slug-like this part of the year).

Outside, the press waited. Ed, Steve and John will tell the company what was about to be announced to the world. This has been the way it's been done here. They wanted to tell us what they know: We are going forward on the best plan for Pixar that should be made. There are many good reasons and much has changed since talks had broken off between the two companies. All those changes are good changes. All smart hombres. No three individuals on the planet I would rather be in league with than these gentlemen right here. What they say is good enough for this lowly grunt.

I wish this grand new venture wings. I say a fond, wistful goodbye to the Pixar that was and look ahead with hope that the adventures bring great movies and take animation back to the heights the art held out as a promise to all of us who participate in it.




11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ronnie

Best of luck to all of you, it does sound like a great thing for animation and the art in general, so many people at Pixar learnt from old Disney masters and it's great if you can now make the new Disney/Pixar be what Disney should have never stopped being and what Pixar wishes to become.

It's an amazing bunch of talented people, and it's a day to remember and more than just a financial deal.

Take care

Pascal

9:32 PM

 
Blogger roque said...

Godspeed, Pixar-ians! If anyone can make this work, it's you guys.

1:20 AM

 
Blogger Tom Dougherty said...

There were plenty of us civilians out here on pins and needles wondering how all this was going to turn out. Congratulations, and the best of the best to all of you at Pixar.

I hope this stops the mangling of the Toy Story gang in TS3. It does, doesn't it?

5:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck! We've been waiting for several years for Pixar to split from Disney. Disney were great, when Disney was running it. Now they have a horrible Hollywood outlook on children with the result that while I'll let my kids see any movie Pixar is associated with without hesitation, I make sure I take a look first at anything new from Disney.

We've set up a cartoon blog and would like to invite you to take a look at it.

http://bloodandtreasure.com

Would love to know what you think of it when you have time.

Thanks!

10:21 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It's like the mix of milk and chocolate!
Chocolate milk! One of the best mixtures ever! Such will be Pixar and Disney!

I shall call it:
Pixney
or
Disar (dixar?)

10:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT? Disney bought Pixar? I was rushing, didn't read the news and saw what I wanted to see. I can only hope Steve Jobs et al have their eye on Disney. Now that would be worth the sale.

12:16 PM

 
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

your guest book seems to have a widget missing. i wanted to request a link swap for my graphic arts section, so as there was zero guestbook action, and the apparent lack of an email address, I found myself forced to comment. respond as you are able to.

1:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all of pixar employees moving back to the LA?

8:05 PM

 
Blogger chris chua said...

Just wanted to say I'm a big fan of yours! Looking at your stuff always makes me wanna draw instead of animating on the computer! Look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

4:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what comes next!

4:19 PM

 
Blogger Martin Wittig said...

Ronnie,
I just wanted to add That I am also a big fan of your work,and to say thank you for sharing some of it here.

1:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home