I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sam & Max lives!



Online, that is. Fans of Steve Purcell's "favorite Dog and Rabbity thing" will rejoice in knowing that he's dug out from under the pile of amazing story work he's done for a certain CG movie coming out this summer about talking automo...oh, you get it. If you know Steve at all you know the man's twisted and funny and it comes out as comic voice asides that get you to healthy laughter in no time. Good therapy for me, that's why I mosy on down to his work area from time to time.

In the past Steve’s talked about doing something in a strip format but the potential of the web to build a continuing story over time, appeals to his sloth-like, immovable nature. Steve’s so excited about offering this new comic content he actually produced a single goose pimple on his left forearm.



"What cancelled Sam & Max Freelance Police game?" Here's the old boy's mug. I wanted to take a more current photo but he's the shy retiring type. Yeah, right.

The Sam & Max online comic

When you visit the link above it brings you to the first installment of the online comic (there's three to date). Bring the dialogue to life as you wisk your cursor over the panels! Steve promises to keep these pages coming. Contemplating goose pimples takes all of five minutes tops, so he has no excuses.

Other folks excited over this development talk about it via this forum.

And he's got t-shirts for sale as well as prints! Over here.

__________


I promised that I'd take a more recent photo, and by gum, I meant it! Always knock before you enter a man's domain. You'll never know what you'll walk into.





7 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

I'm so excited to see Sam & Max alive - or undead (??) again! Steve Purcell is one of my heroes, I'd love to meet him someday... his comics are just wicked.

Ronnie, are you and Enrico doing Wondercon this year?

6:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met Steve Purcell at the Maverick's Katrina auction. Coincidentally, the topic of our conversation was you. We were both eyeing your Nina drawing. I really like his "Cars" drawing in MOMA Pixar book.

So, are you and Enrico doing Wondercon or APE this year?

cK

9:52 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

COOOL!! Great news!

10:24 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Man, I remember those cartoons. I lived for saturday morning cartoons like Sam & Max! Thanks for the link!

3:06 PM

 
Blogger John S. said...

Bless you Ronnie for giving us the heads up on this and Bless you Mr. Purcell for bringing back Sam and Max!!!
I have been a fan since I first saw them waaaaay back in 1986. I'm a huge fan!

11:29 PM

 
Blogger Paul Tuller said...

awesome!! Thanks for the news "The Ronnie Chronicle - ART Style" It would definatley sell XD

4:11 PM

 
Blogger Chad Kerychuk said...

One of the best uses of the web for comic strips yet!

6:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home