I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hark! Is that the sound of Angus and Tashana crashing a weddding?


Along Museum Row in New York as Tess and I were about to cross the street to go to the National Academy. There were the two most perky people on the street, who can they be?


Zoom in! It's Angus and Tashana! They brightened our day, greeting us with such exuberance. On their way to see the Egon Schiele show at the Neue. Love them!

Favorite people list. Angus Mclane and Tashana Landray are on everyone's lists. But not on the wedding guest list of Marc and Tara Runyan. Angus and Tashana showed up bearing gifts and celebrated, even got snapped by the wedding photographer. Pictures came back and no one had a clue who they were.

MacLane and Landray met in August 2001, and on their first date, MacLane mentioned a failed wedding-crash attempt. Landray made an offhanded comment that now that engaged couples had such detailed wedding Web sites, it would be easy to read up on an unsuspecting couple and talk themselves into the wedding.


All of this in good fun. To balance their karmic debt they invited the Runyans to their wedding to be their official wedding crashers.


ABC News item

IMDB: Angus Maclane




8 Comments:

Blogger MikeS said...

A funny coincidence to read this as my wife and I just watched the movie last night!

6:04 PM

 
Blogger Amelia Lorenz said...

I met Angus MacLane at last year's Wondercon! I saw his nametag and recognized his face, so I introduced myself...what fun...and that wedding story is really funny too :)

a

9:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are the prerequisites to work for the shop at 1200 Park Ave as follows: "crashing weddings", drinking gallons of coffee to write a "24 hour comics", having insomnia induced dreams of a girl with a hat and her flying cat, hanging with F-18 fighters"?.

I guess that I have to start practicing bending spoons with my mind. :)

cK

11:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How were they found out in the end?

Strange thing to do... I don't have that much free time on my hands.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Paul Tuller said...

haha great story - I like the way you presented it too

9:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angus one of the GREATEST mentors I've ever had, and one of the funniest guys too .. haha .. I loved hearing this story about him !! :-)

10:05 PM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Angus knows a some secret to living a fun existence that is about the moment at hand--and making it hilarious. I'm secretly studying his ways that I may steal it.

Highest bidder soon as I succeed.

Thanks folks for posting.

4:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All these leads to more and more fun as Googling myself is now infinitely more interesting than it used to be.
Since they avoided us at the wedding, we enjoyed finally meeting Tashana and Angus in New York.
(To answer Matt, they left enough clues that I'm certain they secretly wanted to be found out.)
Tara

3:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home