I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Party directly after da big night


At the MOMA. All dressed up and the night is young. Hmmm...

Par-tay! The museum event seem to end too soon for most. Everyone apparently schlepped back to the hotel (Ladies in heels had a time with this. No cabs?! Oh, the pain). Once there the party at the two rooms by the lobby gathered momentum and, well, exploded. Loud music, packed dance floor and dance moves only reserved for wrap parties are in full swing. A well deserved celebration was underway.


An animation man for all seasons. Bud Luckey, THE classiest act going.


The party commences at the dance floor.


Those who don't dance or wanted to take a breather went to "The Library" to sit and gab


Is that Ralph Eggleston holding court? And there's Robin Cooper. We worked on a short together. Awesome lady. Oh, you guys can't see anything in my crappy photo. Sorry.


Ricky Nierva shows off wallet photos of his and Angie's new baby, Olivia. So cute! Steve "Eagle eye" Purcell inspects the photos as Angus Maclane does a calm Bondian profile.


I'm not the party animal I used to be. I leave way earlier than anybody else. The view from the Hudson's uniquely lit escalator. That's the dance floor above it.




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That must have been awesome to be around so many talented people! That's incredible! You guys are the greatest bunch of artists anywhere!!!

Congratulations! That's awesome!!

12:31 PM

 
Blogger Amelia Lorenz said...

This makes my day! You all are SO AMAZING!! once again I thank you for your pictures and they are so not crappy.

a

3:13 PM

 
Blogger Paul Tuller said...

wooohoo! Break the shy artist steroe type :D
Pixar artists - have changed the art industry, its about time they change the stereo type too. Congratz on the big show!

11:09 PM

 
Blogger Shane White said...

Freaky how Bud Luckey's features make up the sheep character he did for Boundin'. Looks like a very cool time was had.

10:23 AM

 
Anonymous montreal florist said...

I look great party. Fantastic night!

11:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home