I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Oh,Mama! I'm at the Moma!


Ralph Eggleston loveliness in New York City! I'm going!

Twenty Years Old. Not able to drink legally but already served the world on notice. Not much about Pixar's history and films isn't overwhelmingly endearing, pioneering and gosh darned successful. This is along the same lines.

In keeping with the Museum’s long tradition of presenting animation, this is the most extensive gallery exhibition that MoMA has ever devoted to the genre. Featuring over 500 works of original art on loan for the first time from Pixar Animation Studios, the show includes paintings, concept art, sculptures, and an array of digital installations. These works reveal the intricate, hands-on processes behind Pixar’s computer-generated films—including Toy Story, A Bug’s Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, and numerous shorts.


I'm going to New York next week to see this and celebrate this milestone. Apparently I have pieces in the exhibit but I've no idea which ones they are (shudder). But if can have a shrieking animation/art geek moment...OH..MY...LORD! I'm at the MOMA!

'Nuff said. Will report back once I get back in a week.

Pixar at the MOMA


________________

ADDENDUM: I got a copy of the catalog of the show and to my dismay no art of mine in them pages. When I got the invite to go on the company dime it was clear that it was because I had work chosen for the show. So, just in case, I offer this clarification: I think I have work at the MOMA. Maybe the catalog does not list the entire show's pieces. Or perhaps it is because of my personal involvement in a number of projects that got me on the list. Or maybe I should check that catalog again.

No matter, it's not lost on me that I'm just a lucky schmoe to be be part of the whole magilla in whatever capacity or even by virtue of mere proximity. It's all good.



9 Comments:

Blogger Amelia Lorenz said...

CONGRADULATIONS! At the MOMA, wow! Wish I could be there, so please take lots of photos :)

a

10:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ronnie,

Well, I have this beautiful Del Carmen nude (3 Trees Shoe) so I got me some braggin rights that I own a piece of art from an artist who displayed at the MOMA.

I have an interesting story at the MOMA. The missus and I visited MOMA back in 2001. As the missus is a big jokester, she tripped me and I almost put my mitts on a Picasso.

Anyway, congrads. Take a lot of snaps. I am sure that it would be a great show from storyboard art to concept/lighting piece like the Eggleston posted on your blog

cK

11:29 PM

 
Blogger J said...

HEy Ronnie,
Nick and I are heading to NY for this too. I can't wait to see what Pixar has put together for this. Congrats on having things on display there. It must be very exciting.
Hopefully we'll see you there.
James

7:05 AM

 
Blogger justin said...

hey Ronnie,

That is so friggin' cool! CONGRATS!
I am gonna try and make it over there for the show too. Can't wait to see some of the goodies in all their glory.

8:29 AM

 
Blogger -U! a.k.a. Uriel A. Duran said...

Congrats! Such a great early X-mas gift,uh? But a very well deserved gift.¡Sigues siendo un chingón!
Enjoy!

8:34 AM

 
Blogger Matt Jones said...

Congratulations Ronnie & the entire PIXAR team - it is indeed an honour to have one's artwork displayed at MOMA. Wish I could make it over to NYC but looks like I'll have to get hold of a copy of the catalogue you mentioned instead. Well done!

10:20 AM

 
Blogger Emma said...

That's awesome, Ronnie! I'm guessing it's a NY-only thing - they won't be moving the exhibit around? I'd love to see it, but NY is a little far... like matt said, I'll have to get my hands on the catalogue.

3:56 PM

 
Blogger Chad Kerychuk said...

Hope you and Enrico and the rest of the crew have a great time Ronnie! I've never been to NY or the MoMA, but with a Pixar gallery showing, I can't imagine a better time for anybody to go!

3:33 AM

 
Blogger DiegoFer said...

This is great!! I've been waiting for this show almost for 2 months and now is here!! I can believe you will also be here in NYC. Do you plan to be at the museum any specific days?? Will you be sitting somewhere so that people can meet you? Well, I sure hope I get the opportunity. Good luck and hopefully see you there!!

6:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home