I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Nina in Ball skirt


Pencil and Watercolor on watercolor paper. I'd like to do a full color Nina book someday. No pixels were used to make the actual artwork.


Ball skirt. That's what Tess calls it, I think. Just placed this in a frame; I love how that moment transforms a piece. You all know what I'm talking about. I tilted it off square from the matt and it seems to make a huge difference. You all be the judge at the the Canvas show. See post below for details.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

real watercolor? no pixels? what's that like? hehe. inspiring as always,

-rajesh

11:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anyway to get my hands on the original paper biscuit book or a t-shirt?

4:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, simple, elegant...I pretty much dig all that you do, Mr. Del Carmen, but this type of work?

Your best, my friend, your best.

Can I buy it? ;)

~J.Scott

7:53 PM

 
Blogger Kactiguy said...

Wonderfully done. The watercolors give it so much warmth. I know what you mean about the difference a frame makes. My wife framed some crappy sketchie things that I did and I thought "wow, who did that?"

3:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home