I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Tadahiro Uesugi: Big update on his site



Tadahiro Uesugi Update! I am on the lookout for this because he is like Moby Dick: a rare specimen who is out there on the high seas and if you are diligent enough to keep watch you're bound to spot the giant crest the waves. whotta catch! (or cache). A few of the new images here I saw on his computer that long ago time we visited (which means that he's got a back log of work yet ot be unleashed and he's comfortably doling them out. Smart guy). Amazing lot this is. He kills me. Go to his site now--here.

________________________

APE this past weekend! Although Enrico and I were reluctant to show up with no new books for this, our favorite of conventions (hey, it's local and the people are there to meet the creators and independents rule the day. What more can you ask for?) we had a great time being there to meet more new people and see a lot of old friendly faces as well.

I'd detail of the goings on but work is pressing. Sanjay Patel and Louie Gonzales both had debut books here at APE and it's a resounding success judging by the responses people tell me after they visited their table. Those books are so good. Congratulations guys! More animation friends in the fold of sel-publishing. San Diego threatens to have even more of our colleagues jump into the fray. Many late night vigils I see as I walk the quiet halls. A certain Incredibles Story Supervisor is unleashing his opus--and I do mean OPUS--on the world this summer as well. Watch this space for more news.

Gheehappy.com
Louisgonzales.com



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met Sanjay at the Wondercon!
After I had bought both Mias, all three Paper Bisquits and James Baker's sketchbook I went to the lobby and sat down with all of them on my lap. Sanjay looked over and saw them and asked, "Are you a fan of theirs?"
I knew who he was, too, which was the cool part. All of you guys are like famous movie stars to me, so that was cool.

I also went to Pixar about two weeks ago and Sanjay walked by me in the animation department. I think I saw you in the Atrium, too. Now THAT was an exciting day. I saw so many people I knew of! And I got to eat lunch with Bud Luckey, Gary Gydstrom and Greg Dykstra...what an awesome experience.

amelia

4:07 PM

 
Blogger Chad Kerychuk said...

Thanks for pointing us to Tadahiro's work. When you first mentioned him, I wasn't sure if I liked what i saw, but I think I can safely say I'm a fan now. I've saved nearly every image.

Not only does he seem to have an excellent grasp of color, shape, texture, and composition, but a great understanding of light.

Beautiful stuff. I wish I had enough money to support all this talent!

9:06 PM

 
Blogger Gabe Fullilove said...

Hi Ronnie,

I'll try to keep this short, since i dont really want to make you read alot.

I lucked onto your site, last semester, and feel consistently blessed to be a reader, not only of your insights into art/design/film - which i truly love, and thank you for - but also the numerous contacts, inspirations you have, and talk about, which in effect inspire me.

I am a student in animation, in austin tx, and wish to do nothing more then work for Pixar. yeah yeah i know you have met and heard from many young minds saying that same sentence, but, i dont just wish, its a goal i have that i want to pursue with the same fervor that Jordan went after championships with the 90's bulls.

I would love to talk with you about being involved with Story, since you headed up Nemo, and the part of each Pixar DVD that shows you guys at work, well thats pure gold to me.

thank you for reading, and if you reply, well that'll make my day, nay year.

Peace, Gabe Fullilove.

4:35 AM

 
Blogger B. said...

man, I´m speechless.

your art is awesome. everytime I come to your site I got amazed

good one!

bert

http://bertcomic.blogspot.com/

6:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must get those books!

I like that certain story supervisor's other book, so I eagerly await the new one.

New Tadahiro day is always a good day. I might work on making it some sort of national holiday.

Ronnie, have you had the chance to do any pieces incorporating any of the techniques you picked up from your visit with master Tadahiro?

8:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw your blog,I like it...& it's first time that I see Tadahiro uesugi illustrations...they are wonderfull,beautifull,thanx for pointing us to this artistic works....I want to know more about him & his works,can you help me?
I'm from persia,I make cartoons,they are not that good,but I would be glad if u see them at my web page.
now I wnt to see ur works...bye
good luck!

4:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home