I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Study No. Abs-03


Scanned object, Photoshop and Illustrator. Whoosh.

Riding the crest. Studies in graphic freefall. Testing imagery collage from the hard drive. It's good to exercise other graphic notions every now and then, and I still get amazed that I can publish immediately on the web in full color. I grew up in a world of negatives, chemicals, leading, type foundries who'll set your type (you better know your picas) and you get it by courier to you so you can fit it in your mechanical art for print. Fingers perpetually crossed. Glad to be done with all that.

I hope that this Monday didn't prove this equation, [W +(D-d)] x TQ divided by M x NA, to be the most depressing day of the year for any of you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Newkirk said...

That's nice Ronnie. It's good to try new things for sure. You can tell you still have your graphic chops for sure. Sure nice to be in the computer age too..More room for error :) I sure need that... lol...

Hope all is well
~jason

11:25 AM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Thanks, Jason. I need to exercise those sinews just so it doesn't go away. But yeah, it's fun to play. I may start to put those to work in the books or postcards.

R.

11:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home