I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Paper Biscuit in AnimePlay



Enrico and I were filmed at the recent APE convention (have I raved about how much we preferred the size, scope and energy of this convention in the last hour?) by these guys and we were properly flattered and gave our best shot at it. Well, if you pick up the latest issue of AnimePlay, Summer Issue Vol. 5 you'll find a DVD that features the short interview of myself and Enrico talking about, well, ourselves and our work. The magazine is full of interviews and galleries of feature and series anime big shots and my name-dropping skills are not what they were but it is a good range of luminaries. Us? We're the Johnny-come-latelies and lucky to be there. Thanks to Robert Silva and his crew.

As always, click the headline to go the AnimePlay link.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Hope the Anime Play exposure introduces a larger audience to Paper Biscuit.

7:40 AM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Actually, I got an inquiry about the book just two days after I got my mailed copy of the mag. Good, no?

9:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ronnie,
I will pick up the mag so I can check it out and show my Nanay in law. She seems real proud that a fellow Cavitean is a famous animator.

cK

PS. Fe looks cute in the orange T-Shirt. Victor says "thanks".

9:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronnie,
I picked the zine because of the coverage on APE. Very cool.
-Karen

8:01 AM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Karen, APE was a lot of fun alright. Looking forward to next year's already. See you guys at San Diego. More fun to be had there.

Charles, thanks for the help with those amazing posters. Send us photos of you and Fe wearing the shirt -- I'm collecting people shots wearing Nina shirts. Regards to your mother-in-law. Cavite rulez.

3:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home