I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Wednesday, March 24, 2004


Painter Classic illustration touched up in Photoshop 6. Wacom Tablet and stylus

Haven't posted because I'm heading into heavy work load during the day and slogging through the last five pages of the book at night. There's a million details I've made a mental note to fix on top of adding gray values to pages that has had to go without. Dialogue pass then word balloon pass, inside front/back illustration, back cover copy, page 2 illustration, cure for the common cold, make cold fusion a reality, find Big Foot.

And for those of you multi-taskers looking down at us mere mortals, how about this famous party pleaser...

Schroedinger's Cat (or Fun with Quantum Mechanics) A cat is placed in a box, together with a radioactive atom. If the atom decays, and the geiger-counter detects an alpha particle, the hammer hits a flask of prussic acid (HCN), killing the cat. The paradox lies in the clever coupling of quantum and classical domains. Before the observer opens the box, the cat's fate is tied to the wave function of the atom, which is itself in a superposition of decayed and undecayed states. Thus, said Schroedinger, the cat must itself be in a superposition of dead and alive states before the observer opens the box, "observes'' the cat, and "collapses'' it's wave function.


I came across it in a fiction piece while waiting for my kids at a bookstore, it was about a man travelling to another parallel universe . It fascinated me maybe because I heard about it before and here it was put to what I can value as a good use for it, in a story. Besides, parallel alternate states sounds cool to those of us who can mangle a fine illustration of science theory by trying to explain it. The best part is that even if I do explain it bad I still get credit for being into it, right? (Or is it that the end results of this is a dead/alive cat = Zombie Cat?! Awright!)

A cobbled summation on Wave Form Equation is: you can not determine what will happen, only the probability of a certain event occurring. And curiously, this event does not actually happen until you observe it, so...it's not important that the cat is both dead and alive BEFORE you open the box but it is important to note that the action of observing this event changes it. Glad that's all cleared up. Make mine Marvel. Excelsior! 'Nuff said.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home